Lettuce or Salad Leaves
Lettuce is something that grows very quickly and at the same time is easily harvested.
• You need to select a container which is about A 4-6 inches, this will easily accommodate 2-3 plants.
• Fill it with good quality mix of seed-starter which is moist
• Using your hands settle the soil a little
• Leave some space of 1-3 inches for watering as well as fertilizer
• Add the seeds of lettuce according to the directions given on the package and keep it in a location that gets some bright sunlight.
• Until the lettuce seeds sprout water the soil to keeping it moist
• Fertilize the plant as mentioned on the package and of the package is already containing fertilizer wait for 10 weeks before you add fertilizer again.
• Once you see the lettuce growing to 2-3 inches in height add organic layer of much at the top to keep the soil moist.
• Harvest the lettuce carefully not disturbing other roots around it and you can re-seed again every 2 weeks so that you get continuous production.